Saturday, February 05, 2011

Sendai Mitsui Outlet Park

On 14th November 2010, I went to Mitsui Outlet Park @ Sendai Port, the largest factory outlet in the Tohoku region.

Those who are familar with factory outlets in Japan might have heard of Mitsui. They have a number of branches all over Japan as you can see here. I used to frequent the one at Marine Pia Kobe (formerly known as Porto Bazaar) when I was in Kobe. Although I'm not a person who go for branded goods, I like to visit factory outlets just to enjoy the beautiful scenery, have a nice meal, and maybe pick up a few bargains as you can see below!


finally reached here after 2.5 hours on the JR and a 10-min walk from 中野栄駅


I first walked around to get an overview of the park


there was quite a big Fujiya Parlor (with playground) and Peko Store


ferris wheel, a must-have in every major Japanese city


lunch at The Best Cheesecakes Cafe (didn't eat any cheesecakes but they do look good!)


went to one of my all-time fave brands - adidas!


cool jacket on sale at about ¥3000, but i didn't get it =P


Garcia-style, which houses the popular Crystal Ball


Liz Lisa V.S.O.P, which was opened for a limited time only


bought this cute Tralala hoodie at only ¥1050!


where i got my lovely pinky heart saucepan at only ¥504


singing performance at the open stage


another view of the audience and the COACH store


around 3.45pm, the sun started to set


4pm, the illumination was turned on


by 4.30pm, it was already all dark outside


and the illumination was beautiful!!!


took a final shot of the building and ferris wheel b4 i left


back at Sendai station, i walked along Clis Road


bought a pair of moko moko socks at Daiso


more beautiful illumination along 一番街商店街


my must-visit Disney Store was all filled with Xmas goods


also checked out FORUS, a shopping mall with lotsa fashionable ladies wear


finally, an outfit-of-the-day shot when i got back another 2.5 hours later

If you notice, some of the pictures were what I submitted to Tokyo Kawaii, etc. previously. Will be putting up the rest of the pictures from Sendai Pageant of Starlight next! (yeah... i know it's like super late... =Pp)

13 comments:

Ri said...

Definitely looks like a nice place to stop by and window shop for a couple of hours. Love the hoodie you got, it's cute and looks warm! ^^

Also fell in love with that heart saucepan - and so cheap! o.O

kaoru said...

oh i miss sendai! thats where i studied!!! =)
mitsui outlet seem far...nv been there....

Unknown said...

Mmmm waffles. Has been a long time since I had those. And that hoodie with the pom poms on the string of the hood is cute.

Thanks a lot again for spending the afternoon with us. It was a lot of fun, and we look forward to seeing you again in Japan in March :-)

ベーサ said...

That adidas jacket was really cool!!! I love the color, you should have get it :p And I also love the hearted stuff for cooking! So cute!
2.5 hours to get there, it was quite far...
Btw, you look super cute! ^_^

shanjae said...

@Ri
Nice place indeed! I think there are a few outlet stores in Kyushu too, but probably not very near where you are. And yup both the hoodie and heart saucepan were really good deals! =)

@kaoru
Oh~ so that's where u studied! anyway, mitsui outlet is only 18 min away from sendai station by JR, not v far! think there's another one called premium outlet which is further.

@Sakie & Thomas
Hee, the waffles definitely tasted as good as they look! ;) Anyway, you are welcome! I enjoyed myself too. Thanks a lot for the sweet gifts too! Hope you guys manage to find a nice apartment in Singapore. See you again in Japan next month!

@ベーサ
I love the color of the adidas jacket too, but the material seemed kinda filmsy. =P Yes it took a long time to get there cos I was living in a rather inconvenient place. And thanks for for ur comment~ U look v cute urself! ;)

Kaoru said...

@shanjae:
yup yup, i studied @ sendai! love it =)
anyways...my host family brought me to this outlet....i think thats the one u r talking about...
if im not wrong that outlet i went to was around isumi? not sure!

18 min away from sendai station by JR???!!! i'll have to visit there on my next trip!! which line should i catch from sendai eki?

shanjae said...

@Kaoru
take the senseki line and alight at nakano sakae. but gotta walk quite a distance (ard 10 mins) from station. u have plans to visit japan again? feel free to drop by yokohama too! ;)

kaoru said...

thank you shanjae!!!! ill keep that in mind!!! will visit there on my next trip!
Wont be going to Japan anytime soon cause going to s'pore this yr....maybe the following?
i've been to yokohama.3 times?..its a nice place! =)
u moved to yokohama?

shanjae said...

@Kaoru
I will be moving to Yokohama next month. Yes it's a nice place so I really can't wait! =) There's also a Mitsui outlet in Yokohama which I will definitely be checking out as well!

Anonymous said...

hi shanjae, i'm a sporean planning a holiday to japan in june. i'm keen to do outlet shopping as i tried it at karuizawa some years back and found that very good. is gotemba shopping outlet good or would you recommend other places. i'm looking for an outlet that can be reached abt 2hours from tokyo via JR pass and where i can stay the night at an onsen place as well. appreciate any suggestions you may have. thanks.

shanjae said...

Hi there~ Sorry for the late reply! =P Well I haven't been to Gotemba yet but it seems like a good place for outlet shopping. The easiest way to get there is probably using the Hakone Free Pass, which allows you to explore other places, including various onsens, within Hakone too. So it's not necessary to buy a JR pass unless you are planning to travel to other further places. Also, an interesting onsen that you can visit is the Hakone Kowakien Yunessan, an onsen theme park. I've not yet been there either but it seems quite fun. Haha... Not sure if my information is helpful cos I have yet to explore that area so I can't really give any good recommendations! =Pp

Cat said...

I randomly came across your blog... what camera are you using to take these photos? Is it the white on in the picture with the blue jacket? What's the name of the camera? Film? Digital? Thanks <3

shanjae said...

Hi CatAnne! Yes the white camera is what I'm using. It's Panasonic Lumix GF1. A really great camera in my opinion! But if you are interested in getting one, you may want to try the newer GF2 instead. ;)