Monday, November 01, 2010

3 hours in Sendai

My ex-colleague, let's call him hamtaro, happens to be in Japan for some interviews. As he had the JR pass and could therefore travel freely, we arranged to meet up in Yamagata yesterday to go see autumn leaves together. Unfortunately, careless me missed the train I was supposed to take and had to wait for 3 hours for the next one! During that 3-hour wait, lots of negative thoughts kept going through my mind about my life in Shinjo. In fact, it was not my first time to have such thoughts... oh wells~ maybe I will talk about that again in another entry.

So instead of meeting at 1pm, we had to meet at 4pm. Luckily there was some festival in Yamagata city to keep hamtaro occupied while he waited. However, by 4pm the sky was already getting dark and it started to drizzle (and hamtaro clearly did not show any interest in seeing red leaves), so we changed plans and headed to Sendai instead. Then again I guess it wasn't really a change of plans since we had wanted to eat dinner in Sendai originally. So the only change was that we didn't get to see any red leaves during the 1-4pm time slot, all thanks to the super infrequent train schedule in the countryside. haiz...

When we arrived in Sendai, it was already 5pm. We walked through the shopping street, browsing through the shops, and took a few pictures.


Now I quite like this street cos there are many drugstores and because of the competition from one another, prices are super low. In fact, most of the drugstores here offer a 6% storewide discount on Sundays! In addition, this street also kinda reminds me of Sannomiya in Kobe, except that of course Sannomiya is much more fashionable. Ahhh... How I miss Kobe~

Anyway, for dinner we settled for Saizeriya, the best place to go for cheap and delicious food! This was what we ordered:


The vegetable curry doria I had was a season special. I think it was really delicious cos it was spicy enough, reminding me of Singapore's taste! And as usual, I love the puchifokka cos they are so soft and spongy.

After dinner, it was already almost 8pm. Before we parted at Sendai station, we took one last shot in front of the pretty frosted glass.


And then I boarded my 8.26pm train and arrived back in Shinjo at 10.37pm. (Yes, 2+ hours just to go somewhere with a little bit more life!)

So here are the couple of things I managed to pick up in Sendai during the short 3 hours:


Nongshim ramen ¥88 & Alfort chocolate ¥63
(yummy foods!)


Ichikami shampoo and condition set ¥656
(that's like only slightly more than SGD$10, less than half the price in Singapore's Watsons!)


Daiso furry ear muffs ¥105
(cheap & cute & good quality & size of muffs is just right! love it~)

OK, shall end this post with a picture of me with my new ear muffs! =)

5 comments:

audrey said...

haha~~~~~
the ichkami set is being bring in by my current company now ~~
each bottle alone already cost $16.90 ~ haha(^v^)

shanjae said...

wah... so 2 bottles would be $33.80!!
and i got them for only 1/3 of tt price. haha! ;)

ying said...

why do u have a furry tail hanging beside ur bum?

shanjae said...

haha... that's the current fashion trend! mine is considered small le... i've seen many Japanese girls with longer and fluffier tails! *lol*

Meow said...

I realised that we have a few items in common! The Ichikami set, the mirror, and Panasonic Lumix GF1! Mine is pink! <3